ARIETTA 850 is the flagship model of the ARIETTA series diagnostic of ultrasound platforms. Leading-edge technologies have been incorporated that generate premium performance in each aspect: imaging quality, operability, and advanced applications.
ARIETTA 850 achieves outstanding clinical benefits thanks to the following features:
New generation of transducers, Linear 4G CMUT (Capacitive Micro machined Ultrasound Transducer) and Convex single crystal transducers with high quality imaging adapted for a variety of examinations.
- Conventionally, the superior resolution obtained with high frequency ultrasound is only used for superficial examinations due to its limited penetration. Lower frequencies are needed to examine deeper structures, thus multiple transducers are required to cover the full range of examinations. The world’s first practical use of the CMUT silicon wafer technology for breast application, was introduced by Hitachi in 2009. In the next-generation technology, thanks to exclusive Hitachi patents the bandwidth and sensitivity has been dramatically increased. In addition Pulsed Doppler and Colour Doppler allowing to image blood flow as well as Harmonic mode are now available. CMUT now delivers a one-probe solution for a wide range of ultrasound examinations.
- In addition, Hitachi has developed a new convex abdominal probe using single crystal piezoelectric elements. With single crystal technology, the direction of the mechanical strains in the material are correctly aligned to produce a highly efficient piezoelectric effect, with resultant enhancement in sensitivity.
New transmission and reception technology eFocusing, resulting in high definition imaging from the near to far field.
- The ultrasound beams are focused with subsequent improvement in image definition throughout the depth of field. Patient-dependent variability is reduced and accuracy of focal settings no longer user-dependent. Additionally, the multiple transmit and receive cycles used to synthesize each scan line mean that eFocusing improves S/N ratio (the ratio of intensity between the received signal and background noise) and further enhances image quality.
OLED monitor achieving high contrast resolution
- ARIETTA 850 has adopted the latest technology, 22 inch wide OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) monitor for an optimum image display. The self-luminous OLED displays true black so a previously unattainable contrast resolution can be achieved, offering a significant improvement in the diagnostic quality of the display.
Ergonomic design and the function of Protocol Assistant for high operability comfort, enhancing workflow.
- The physical impact of maintaining an unnatural posture, repetitive movements or using an extended reach for a long period of time, places significant stress on the operator. The monitor arm and operating console of ARIETTA 850 have both been developed to provide a wide range of movement allowing ergonomic alignment so that the users’ comfort is maintained even during lengthy examinations. Additionally, Protocol Assistant, enabling prior examination protocol registration, promotes efficient workflow.
Treatment support using a synchronized display with CT/MR images
- RVS (Real-time Virtual Sonography) offers superior real-time navigation for treatment, merging real-time ultrasound with previously acquired CT, MR images. 3D Sim-Navigator , an advanced function of RVS, provides assessment of the three-dimensional positional relationship between multiple electrode needles and the target lesion at the time of Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA). 3D Sim-Navigator registers needle marks and displays the puncture guide line on virtual images, the C-plane image (The section which passes the center of sphere marker and which is orthogonal to the biopsy guideline) and the distance between multiple needle marks.
- A new development, the E-field Simulator provides a pre-treatment simulation of the treatment area superimposed on the CT or MR, from the given location of the multiple electrodes.
- Advancements in real-time RFA needle guidance can bring significant improvements to the treatment technique.
- In the cardiovascular application the advanced auto tracking function of Eyeball EF and 2D Tissue Tracking (2DTT) permits evaluation of cardiac function with high precision and accuracy.
- The ARIETTA 850 is compatible with a wide range of transducers, supporting a wide variety of specific procedures including surgery and urology. Contrast enhanced ultrasound, Real-time Tissue Elastography and Shear Wave Measurement are supplementary tools that can aid in the detection of additional lesions.
- In OB/GYN, high-resolution B-mode imaging coupled with eFLOW, the advanced flow mapping mode that offers increased sensitivity to flow in minute vessels, and auto-measurement features, facilitates accurate assessment of fetal well-being. In addition, ARIETTA is equipped with a diverse range of advanced functions including Dual Gate Doppler, valuable for diagnosing fetal arrhythmia, and 3D, 4D,STIC, providing morphological observation of the baby and the fetal heart.